Monday, April 9, 2012

My PBWorks

Ok, so I have been working on a project in PBWorks for my class. This appears to be a great tool, but I have a lot more exploring and learning to do before I would utilize it with my own class. Here is the address to my first creation: http://wanativeamericans.pbworks.com/w/page/52546375/FrontPage
This project is set up for a 4th grade class of approximately 20 students. I have made this specific wiki for Washington State History of the Native American tribes. All students would contribute information that they have learned and researched throughout the quarter and it would be used as a class resource and database. Each student would individually be responsible to write different entries about the subject the class is covering at that time, imagining life during the time period being discussed. Every student of the class would come up with a question that they had about the time period being covered. Questions would be drawn randomly weekly and students would have to reflect and respond to one. Ex: “What were some of the food sources used during this time by the Colville Indians?”
In utilizing this site myself to create this project I can see that the students will need to be trained how to edit and use a wikispace. I would also need to make sure the students are familiar with the skills of copying and pasting also. This project is a great way for the students to gain a deeper understanding of some of the Washington History about the Native Americans as they are not just reading about it, but instead they are becoming a part of the history and creating a page with their own ideas and thoughts.
I hope you enjoy my work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment